Monday, July 2, 2012

Return of the Queen: Yu-Na Kim targets Sochi

Great news for figure skating fans. World and Olympic champion Yu-Na Kim has announced she is going to make a shot at another olympics. 

Kim raised the bar and smashed records in Vancouver, but her overwhelming fame in South Korea and across the world led her to take some time away from the spotlight after the games.

At a press conference in Seoul Kim had this to say, (source: Korea Real Time)


“I skipped last season and had a lot on my mind about my career, even until last week,” she said, “I had trouble finding my next goal after winning a gold medal at the Vancouver Olympics but the interest of the public and my fans in me got even bigger.”

“I wanted to get away from the pressure, even for a single day,” she confessed.

“I always thought the Vancouver Olympics would be my last destination, but I’m extending it to Sochi……I want to start anew, not as an Olympic medalist but just as yet another figure skater,

This is great news for a sport which has lacked some star power since the absence of Queen Yu-Na.

No comments:

Post a Comment