Monday, July 2, 2012

Went Fishing 7/2/12


 Notice I didn't say catching.  After a long, odd day at work (there's no power in the labs or in the office, thanks to the "Ring of Fire" derecho),  I decided to take the evening off for fishing.  This kayak fisherman had the same idea.  I passed him on the way out of the harbor.








I did find a few schools of striped bass breaking the surface.  I caught one to confirm my suspicion that the fish were on 8 inches long.




If you look close, you can see a bait fish (probably a Bay Anchovy or Atlantic Silverside) which has been thrown out of the water after being struck by a fish.

I did get a couple of decent bites on a Zara Spook in shallow water, but I couldn't make it stick.





Full moon over the Gas Docks, and another boat of fishermen



No comments:

Post a Comment