Sunday, November 4, 2007

Walk

Shhh! Don't tell anybody but there is more parkland within the boundaries of the city of Sheffield than in any other British city apart from London. This morning I needed to get out. I have been sitting on my ass too long recently so just three miles from our house, I park up by the stables on Shotts Lane - still inside the city limits, near the exclusive and well-heeled suburban village of Dore. I take a five mile autumn walk - as I say, mainly for the exercise - get the old heart pumping - and for once, I remembered to take my digital camera along so that I could share these images of southern Sheffield with Blogworld....



































And shhh! Don't tell anyone in Sheffield about the walks round Blacka Moor as so few Sheffielders seem to realise that this lovely haven of nature is just around the corner. This morning the sun had to try hard to break through a thin cloud cover but when it did, another lovely autumn day was revealed... Next year why not try Sheffield for your holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment