Sunday, December 12, 2010

Milestone

As I write this, my blog is about to receive its 150,000th visitor! When I look back and remember my tentative first steps into this curious cyber-world, I am amazed that "Yorkshire Pudding" and I have come this far. Five and a half years have passed by. So many happenings. So many words and pictures. Regular visitors have come and gone while others have just dropped in occasionally and I know there have been a number of silent observers who choose never to leave a comment... but that's okay.

The hobby has led me to lots of other blogs - frequently in distant places. I've learnt a lot. There's been laughter, some fallings-out, some misunderstandings and some lasting bonds made. As a somewhat frustrated writer and amateur photographer, blogging has given me a platform I wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed. So dear reader, even if you weren't actually my 150,000th visitor, thanks for being a part of this blogging journey. Speech over. Blog on!

No comments:

Post a Comment