Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowbound

Layers - view from our front room window this morning

No one can remember such a heavy snowfall so early in the winter. Nobody can remember snow quite as thick as this. On Radio Sheffield, a litany of school closures is read out, including one of the two secondary schools I have been visiting as a one-to-one tutor. Yesterday, I emailed the other school to say: "As I am not an eskimo with huskies and a sledge, I will not be with you today."

As she's a nurse, Shirley has gone out into the silent snowbound streets dressed like Scott of the Antarctic. I'm still in my designer dressing gown but after a shower and other intimate bathroom activities I will also be venturing out into the white wonderland. I need to feed my little feathered friends and I need to fight with other supermarket shoppers for the last tin of corned beef.

All my pictures were snapped from inside our house just after eight this morning. It's still snowing. This may be my last ever post before the whiteness engulfs me. It's hard to believe how lovely and snowfree it was just last Friday.
The back garden - see our table and chairs to the right.

The blue Shirleymobile. I cleared all the snow from it yesterday afternoon.

Over the hedge view down our exclusive suburban street

No comments:

Post a Comment