Monday, April 27, 2009

Famous

Last Monday, I made my debut in a Chinese language newspaper in Hong Kong following the interview I had with cub reporter Li Ming Kit of the Ming Pao Newspaper Group at the new Yorkshire Pudding bar restaurant. She kindly sent me a "soft copy" of the article and I have cropped it to highlight the image of me indulging in my second favourite pastime - scoffing tucker! On this occasion it was free roast beef, veg and Yorkshire puddings with gravy - all washed down with a nice free pint of Murphy's stout
As I am sure there are few visitors to this blog who are fluent in Cantonese, I will translate.... "As I interviewed the staff at the new restaurant, in walked a gorgeous hunk of a man with bulging biceps and a sexy Elvis-like pout. Unfortunately, he was with his English wench. Nevertheless, I made a beeline for him. Oooo! He was gorgeous and when I heard his rough Yorkshire accent, my legs felt like jelly. Manfully, he tucked into his free meal and gave it the thumbs up - claiming that the puddings were as good as his mother used to make back in the mythical land of Yorkshire.... He was none other than the well-known English blogger Mr Yorkshire Pudding. It was a privilege to meet him."

No comments:

Post a Comment