Sunday, April 15, 2012

Instruction

Not far from my humble hut in Blogland there is a path which leads into the great jungle that covers most of the southern part of the island. On the edge of the jungle, there is a natural pool fed by mountain springs. I walked there today in the thick tropical heat with my personal assistant Miss Thuza, Elsie who is the head cook at the social club and Earl Gray's houseboy Maung. Like me they were all feeling rather bored. It turns out that until recently Maung was pursuing a Media Studies degree in Kuala Lumpur and is skilled in film and film editing. Just for a laugh, we decided to re-enact a scene from "South Pacific" which Maung said he'd record. It's a scene in which the two lovers are given helpful instruction by a regular Earth Mother. It took ages for me to learn my lines and I was left wondering what exactly is  a "lucky cuss"? Anyway, here's the result of our filming starring Thuza, myself and Elsie. May I say to Shirley, Ian and Frances that when I kiss Thuza in this scene it's just acting - that's all:-

No comments:

Post a Comment