Friday, April 27, 2012

Snorkelman

"I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus's garden 'neath the waves"... Yes that's me above, snapped by Thuza before I ventured into the bay on another snorkelling expedition. I'm sure you will agree that I am an exceedingly handsome young fellow. Today I tested out my new underwater camera - kindly mailed to me by R & E Brague of 13 Acme Factory Road, Canton, Georgia, USA. May I say a public "thank you" to my rich American benefactors for this unexpected generosity.

Below are just three of the underwater pictures I snapped this afternoon. Down there it's another world, a quiet world of beauty and colour, of predator and victim, mysterious shadows and sparkling light filtered from above. Swimming in that other world, you feel like an invader. I ask myself , on a planet that it is two thirds ocean who should we say owns it? We imperialist human beings or the creatures of the sea? There are far more of them than us and unlike us they live in harmony with their environment... regardless of our growing threat.


No comments:

Post a Comment