Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sucky Sunday

I'm not a fan of Sundays. I don't like their lazy, unproductive, end-of-the-weekend, general sadness. They always feel heavy to me, and like I'm supposed to be doing something- even if that something I'm supposed to be doing is relaxing from the week. So a rainy, gray Sunday is pretty sucky. And a rainy, gray Sunday when I'm super sad and missing someone and waiting is just fucking miserable.

Here's what I discovered makes sucky Sundays worse:

Waking up with a headache that's not even attached to a hang-over. Just one of those inexplicable headaches.

Realizing I didn't just dream it all up. This is actually my life.

Piled up dishes in the sink and a full dishwasher (can I have an UGH! please?).

Overflowing trash bin.

No more milk.

My least favorite food network shows on.

Nothing going on on facebook (shame on you).

Putting on gym clothes and taking them off- accepting that no, I am not going to the gym today.

Counting calories (just a bad idea any time, really. goes hand-in-hand with weighing myself).

Staying at home, staring at the rain.

Staring at my unshaven armpits (I know, that image is gonna stick with you for a while. heh).

Googling "I'm so fucking sad what do I do" (absolutely useless).

Looking at my pores in the magnifying mirror (a Nazi invented that thing, for sure).


And then there are some things that make a sucky Sunday a little (or a lot) better:

Putting clothes on (pj's invite moping).

Shaving my armpits (you're welcome).

Doing the dishes. Taking out the trash. Deciding that that's really enough house-keeping for one day.

Going for a walk, even if it's raining. Walking is so much better than not walking.

Calling a good friend (she knows who she is- thank you darling...).

Going into a bookstore. Books have healing powers. Especially really bad self-help ones.

Cooking. Eating is so much better than not eating.

A brownie (okay, I only ate half of it. baby steps, guys, baby steps).

Coffee (I know, I pay a lot of tribute to coffee, leave me alone).

Yoga (can't thank that one enough-- though it totally. kicked. my. ass. today.).

Reading all the "bad" magazines out there (I couldn't do the "this is how to land a man" ones, but I did all the "how to look your best" and "this celebrity is so interesting!" ones).

Dinner with my brother (my guardian angel).

A mango martini. Just one. To sooth the soul, you know.

Catching up on Glee (just so damn fun).

Blogging (heh).

Realizing I survived my sucky Sunday. There will be others, but I did okay today. And that's good enough for now.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts and kind words, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment