Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Vows

Some things I do, I can't apologize for enough. There isn't really an apology that surmises certain actions, that finds a way to explain the "why's" and "how's" of what came to be. For all the pain we can inflict upon each other as human beings, we still haven't found the words to make up for it. So, I can go on through life calling myself a monster, sure. And I'm sure I still will, at times. But with every mistake I make, I do learn. If I don't learn from it, I'm bound to make the same mistake again. This time, I simply can't afford to let that happen. So, I've taken what I've learned and made it into a vow. A vow for myself, for those I've wronged, and for those who are yet to come into my life and trust me with their hearts. This is a personal commitment, a list of intentions, and a promise that I have learned from what I've lost.

I vow to be responsible over my feelings, wants, and needs.

I vow to communicate what I want and need as I am wanting and needing it.

I vow to value another person's trust and faith in me, never taking it for granted or abusing it.

I vow to be honest, with myself above all, and with others, always.

I vow to love deeply and to the best of my ability, with courage and strength.

I vow to treat myself with care and love.

I vow to treat others with care and love, too.

I vow to find the blessings in every love story, daily.

I vow to give up assuming I know myself and what I'm capable of.

I vow to give up assuming I know others and what they're capable of, too.

I vow to listen to my heart, even when it says something I don't want to hear.

I vow to trust my instincts.

I vow to attend to my harmful thoughts before they turn into harmful actions.

I vow to be forgiving of my- and others'- humanity.

I vow to give all that I am able to give to those I promise to love.

I vow to be mindful of consequences.

I vow to be myself, always, and with no exceptions.


It is a tall order, but it is how I want to live, and I trust I can honor my vows.



No comments:

Post a Comment