Wednesday, June 1, 2011

London Calling - Olympic Tickets

Over the past weeks many have been watching their bank accounts closely to see if their bids for London 2012 tickets had come good.

As was to be expected, there are a lot of disappointed fans today, there just aren't enough tickets for everyone who wants them it seems.


I was one of the lucky ones it seems. My schoolfriend and former trampolining training mate called me at the weekend to say that from the money that had been taken, we are going to the Women's trampoline event at the O2 arena. Also today I checked my own account and from the look of things I also have tickets to the football prelims in Coventry (the football competition is spread between arenas across the county with the finals taking place in London).

So like many others my gymnastics reporting will take place via the TV set, although given the top price of  tickets, that'll probably get me a lot closer to the action than my money could stretch to!

Were you lucky? Are you olympics-bound? If so, what events?

Don't forget, if you're in the UK there are several opportunities prior to the real thing. The Gymnastics test event will take place at the O2 (probably in early 2012) and the World trampoline & tumbling championships take place in Birmingham in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment