Friday, February 10, 2012

Day Off Gone Bad

I only get one day off every two weeks.

What do I like to do on my day off? Bake, go to a dance class, read, go to the gym, go to the movies, write, and put a bunch of creamy shine-promising stuff on my hair for a few hours.

What do I NOT like to do on my day off? Sleep, watch TV, do laundry, clean, wax, get my nails done, wash dishes, organize files, and sit around contemplating life.

Today is my day off. And I am sick. I had a fever yesterday and woke up drenched in cold sweat. At the same time that I am grateful to have the day to recover, I am pissed that I have to spend the day in bed, watching TV. Such a waste! And, of course, there is laundry to do (especially the sheets I slept in) and I'm way behind in my grooming. There are dishes and files. I am too weak to bake. Bah.

It has occurred to me that I am working too hard, not giving myself enough of a break, and so my body has shut down. If you're only going to give me one day every two weeks to rest, I'm going to force you to let me rest, my body says to me. Okay, I respond, you win. And I promise to be kinder to you from now on. 

So, here I lay, drinking tea, watching the food network, and blogging. Not terrible, to be honest.

I hope to feel better soon, so I can reorganize my life and give myself some more time off. Being healthy, after all, should be my priority.



Anyone else have a busy schedule and very little time off? I'd love to hear some tips on how to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment