Monday, March 19, 2012

Apology

Regarding the proud Welsh seaside town of Rhyl, my satirical humour may have got the better of me when I blogged about it on Saturday. I received many abusive comments from offended Rhylians which I had to delete given the many Welsh expletives used and general standards of English exhibited. So I hereby wish to make a heartfelt apology to all of the townsfolk of Rhyl and to the current mayor Councillor Win Mullen-James - pictured above. To redress the balance of my lofty derision, I shall now post a few photos that capture the true essence of this gem of the north Wales coastline in all its glory. I mean, why visit Llandudno, Prestatyn, Colwyn Bay or Bangor when you could choose Rhyl instead?
A view of Water Street                       © Copyright Eirian Evans 
Former church - now computer company
© Copyright  David & Rachel Landin  
The promenade                                       © Copyright Dott Potter
View from the Sky Tower                  © Copyright BrianP
Amusement arcades                     © Copyright Eirian Evans  
Bank Holiday Monday in Rhyl              © Copyright Eirian Evans 
And please remember, as the official town website boasts:-
A fresh new look railway station and bus terminus, at the 
heart of Rhyl's promenade, awaits your arrival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment