Monday, March 26, 2012

Eleven

Walk Number 11 - "Ashford in the Water and Monsal Dale" -  6 miles. The weather was glorious today so I just had to get out there again. I parked near Holy Trinity Church in Ashford:-
Then headed northwards and along Pennyunk Lane, passing this magnificent old limestone barn:-
Soon I came to Monsal Head with a magnificent view of the dale and Monsal Head railway viaduct erected in 1863:-
Down in the dale, some people were relaxing in the sunshine:-
I passed this weir:- 
After another mile I was out of Monsal Dale, trudging up into Great Shacklow Wood then back down to the River Wye where I came across this old bobbin mill:-
Then back to Ashford where I bought a pint of milk from the village shop and glugged it down before heading back to Sheffield where I stopped to photograph these daffodils at the entrance to Bingham Park:-

No comments:

Post a Comment