Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mysteries

Sticky Toffee Pudding just sent me these questions:-

  • Why - when you empty a murky washing up bowl - is there always one piece of cutlery left in the bottom? 
  • Why do some wild birds choose to live in the countryside - while others - of the same species - choose to live in urban areas? 
  • Why have I got several single socks in my sock drawer and where did their partners go? 
  • Why can I remember clearly things that happened forty years ago but virtually nothing about last week? 
  • Why do automatic washing machines take such a ridiculously long time to complete their cycles? 
  • Why do I always pick the slowest queue in the supermarket? 
  • Why do the wood pigeons I feed every day fly off the moment I open our back door even though park pigeons will eat from my hand? 
  • Why did some idiot introduce North American grey squirrels to these shores? 
  • Why are there some nights when there's nothing on television that appeals to you while on other nights there are three or four good programmes being shown at the same time?

These are just some of the mysteries of the universe. Perhaps you can answer one or two of STP's questions or maybe you've got nagging issues of your own you'd like to add to the list? Why?... Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment