Sunday, November 27, 2011

WOGA - The Few, The Proud, The Injured?

Earlier today, I was looking for a specific picture of WOGA gymnasts for a post I have coming up later this week. While looking on WOGA's website, I came across a few albums of training pictures shot in early September of this year by Ruth Judson. In addition to finding a few pictures of Nastia training a month or so prior to Worlds, I also found that at this point in time, a number of girls at WOGA were injured enough to be in casts or braces, and not just wrapped or taped.

Here are a few:
(All pictures are property of Ruth Judson & WOGA Gymnastics. I cropped some faces out, because some of these girls are like, 10, and I felt weird about posting pictures with faces.)

Rebecca Bross of course. (Also, notice the scale in the background...) 

Jessica Howe 



This is what I've always done when I've broken toes, but it could be something less. 




I don't know, are this many girls ALWAYS injured at gyms like this? It just struck me as odd. It's also worth mentioning that I didn't see any pictures of Sophia Lee at all. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment