Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Virtue and Moir to miss Skate Canada

Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are to miss Skate Canada as Tessa has had to once again have surgery on her shins for chronic exertional compartment syndrome. She had a similar procedure in 2008 leading them to make their season debut at the Canadian championships.

In an article for icenetwork-
"It's an enormous relief to have a solution to the pain," said Virtue from London, Ont., where she is recuperating. "Apparently the surgery went really well and I am confident that I have the most competent support team to help me with my recovery. I am excited to get back on the ice as soon as I can and look forward to training and competing pain-free!"

I am sure they will come back from this as strong and virtuoso as ever, although this basically crowns the olympic silver medallists, Davis and White as Grand Prix champions from the outset. These two teams have been in a class of their own and may be for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment