Wednesday, January 26, 2011

News bits

Having now invested in an online subscription to British Eurosport I now have a feed from the short dance in Bern.



At the half way stage the germans Zhiganshina & Gazsi are in the lead after their Cirque du Soleil themed golden waltz (how often do you say that!). British couple Coombes & Buckland took a disappointing fall and are currently in 8th place with 10 couples still to go. They are safely into the free dance though.

Also: a recent tweet from Shawn Johnson has revealed she is indeed headed back to the National team camp at the Karolyi ranch.

Woke up so sore from yesterdays practice.... ouchyyyy... but headed to camp in the morning!! Not sure what to expect?!?

In her blog on her official website Shawn wrote this about her original return to the camp.

Another big step I just took in my comeback was returning to the Karolyi camp in Texas. WOW, was I a nervous wreck going into that one! It had been more than two years since I’d been there and I felt like a complete outsider. I wasn’t sure what to expect…if I was going to be up to par, where I would stand, or if I’d still be accepted and fit in!!  Hahaha, I guess I’m just a little worry wart because it was actually an amazing experience. It was great seeing all of the National Team coaches again and of course all of the girls…but the moment that meant the most and will be something I never forget was how excited Martha was to see me there at camp and how comforting, supportive and genuinely happy she was for me. Some of the things she personally said to me (sorry guys, I have to keep it a secret) are things I will never ever forget and meant more to me then she will ever know. I was still her little “pumpkin” and I left feeling as if nothing had changed.

Shawn's comeback seems to be going well. Hope we will see her back in competition soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment