Saturday, July 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 5

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
March 19, 2005: The day I met Diana DeGarmo for the first time. 

She was my favorite contestant on American Idol Season 3 and it's safe to say I was completely obsessed with her. I voted for her on my house phone and my mom's cell phone and had a "Diana DeGarmo Wall" in my room. I made posters, signs, poems, etc. and decorated them and put them all over my room praying she would win. I never, ever in a million years thought I would be able to meet her. I joined a forum in December of 2004 that announced she was going to be performing in New Jersey and might do a meet & greet. I told my Mom about it and she said she would take me!! I went with my best friend at the time, Danielle and we woke up at 5am in order to get there early. We got to the mall it was at and waited outside Nordstrom (where it was held) for a long while. I got to meet some people I had been talking to on the forum who instantly became my friends and are people who I still talk to to this day. Diana did a sound check and we were allowed in and got to watch her do it!! Sometime later in the day she performed and we were in the front row! She touched my hand while performing and I remember freaking out. We waited after in the line and eventually got to go up and meet her!! There was a group of us (my friends from the forum) who went up together and Diana spent so much time with us, talking, taking pictures and mingling. I couldn't have asked for a better day! After this I left with my Mom and Danielle and we met up with Danielle's Mom who drove us to Philadelphia to see Ashlee Simpson in concert. Ashlee was Danielle's favorite at the time and it was awesome we were both able to see our idol's on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment